Right now, there are literally thousands of adults in Oak Hills, San Antonio who would love to straighten their crooked, crowded, and gapped teeth, but there is just one problem: many of them simply refuse to face the world with a mouthful of metal braces. We completely understand, and fortunately, our practice can now offer them the perfect alternative: Invisalign. With Invisalign, we can give you the perfectly straight smile you’ve always wanted, and no one will even notice your treatment until it’s done. Want to know more about Invisalign in San Antonio and what it could do for you? Contact us today to find out more.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment that, instead of brackets and wires, uses a series of clear plastic aligner trays to gently shift the teeth in the most subtle and comfortable way possible. Every Invisalign series is custom-made for each patient, and all they need to do is wear one set of trays for about two weeks before progressing onto the next. After a patient has worn all of them, their teeth should be beautifully straight. It’s just that simple!
Invisalign® vs. Metal Braces
More and more patients are choosing to go with Invisalign® because it offers a number of unique advantages compared to traditional metal braces:
- Discreet: The trays themselves are practically invisible when worn on the teeth, meaning only you and your dentist will actually know you’re undergoing treatment (and we won’t be telling anyone!).
- Comfortable: Invisalign trays are custom-fit to your smile using smooth plastic that slides easily over the teeth and doesn’t irritate the gums.
- Removable: You can simply take a tray off whenever it’s time to eat or brush your teeth. Basically, you get to live your normal life while improving your appearance at the same time!
- Speed: Braces tend to take two to three years to completely straighten the teeth, while Invisalign® can often deliver final results in just 8 to 18 months!
Is Invisalign® Right For You?
When you come to see us, we will give you a brief exam and let you know if Invisalign is a good option for you. If it is, we will fit you for your trays, and you will be able to begin your treatment in just a week or two. After that, it’s just a matter of time before you see a perfectly straight smile in the mirror every morning!
Are you considering treatment to realign your teeth and bite? You may already know that Invisalign is a great solution for straightening teeth without making major changes to your appearance. However, we understand if you have other questions you’d like to address before you make any commitments. On top of scheduling an in-person consultation, we encourage you to read through a few of the most common questions our practice has received on Invisalign over the years.
Does Invisalign actually work?
Not only has Invisalign been around longer than any other clear aligner company, but they have helped more than 8 million adults and teens achieve a straighter smile! In fact, one large survey showed a 96% satisfaction rate. Additionally, 9 out of 10 people would recommend it to their friends and family. Our office is happy to answer any other questions you may have about the credibility and effectiveness of Invisalign’s clear aligner system.
What’s the best way to care for my aligners?
- Make sure to use the right products to clean your trays. This could be Invisalign’s own brand of cleaning crystals designed for their aligners. You can also use a denture cleanser if there are no other cleaners available to you.
- Do not use toothpaste, scented soaps, or colored soaps to clean your aligners. Toothpaste contains harsh abrasives that can scratch the trays while certain soaps can stain them and leave behind an unpleasant aftertaste.
- Do not expose your aligners to hot water.
- Brush your teeth after every meal to prevent loose food debris from collecting on the trays and staining them.
- Only drink plain water when wearing your aligners.
- Keep your aligners in their dedicated container when not in use.
Will I be able to speak clearly while wearing Invisalign?
In many cases, people are able to speak quite clearly the moment they begin wearing their aligners. Alternatively, others only need a day or two to get used to wearing them to speak with 100% clarity. Keep in mind that any mild lisp you experience will go away very shortly as your lips and tongue get used to having them in your mouth for days at a time. If you’d like to speed up the process, it can help to practice speaking throughout the day. Try singing or reading your favorite books out loud if you’d like!
What should I do if I lose a tray?
The moment you realize a clear aligner is lost or damaged to the point where it is no longer usable, give our office a call. We will most likely ask you to wear your previous pair of aligners for now. These are only meant to be temporary so that your teeth do not begin shifting back to their previous positions. Our office will order you a replacement set of trays, which are made at a dedicated Invisalign lab. This process can take a few weeks, so it will extend the length of your treatment a bit.